Friday 7 June 2013

WIP - The Camera Never Lies

As my Mysterious (but hopefully Work-Related) Project requires me to gain some proficiency with a digital camera and up-loading pictures, The Wife suggested that I practice by photographing and posting photos of some of the things I have been cluttering the kitchen table with...


I apologise to those of you who are much better that I at this sort of thing, but what have I learned?
  • Well, I'm not going to win prizes for either photography or my painting.
  • I have to practice both. 
  • The camera is a useful painting tool - it picks up all sorts of errors that I didn't with my glass.
  • I probably need my eyes testing and new glasses - this might help with detail and depth perception.
  • My hands still shake like nobodies' business.
  • Everything is  more fun with dinosaurs!
But I paint for fun and relaxation, so I'm not too bothered with 0.10mm accuracy.  It would be nice to get better though...

Any tips?


A trio ('No it's not, it's a Toberlone!')

The white it terrible.  The Mad Scientist (killer robots, for the inventing of) started off with a black lab-coat, but The Wife persuaded me to re-paint it.  I preferred the black.  The Skipper appears to be glossy here, but isn't in the flesh.

I've also been experimenting with different basing.  I don't thing the scientist works at all...


Scale-wise, I think my 10p dinosaur works quite well.  I'm not sure about picking out the rivets on the Steam Contraption Thingie though.

  


Today I'm not to paint anything smaller than a shed!

No comments:

Post a Comment