Friday 31 August 2012

Books and Stuff

What's the point of posting, you ask, if for What I'm reading and On my to-read list I say 'The same as Last Week'?


Well, the point of having a regular post is to force me into reading and thus making a change.  Gone for me are the glory days of commuting, where I had almost three hours of enforced reading time each day.  I need incentive.

What I've bought this week...

I've had a bit of a charity shop blitz.

Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveller's Wife - 50p

HG Wells, The Shape of Things to Come  - Although a 1973 paperback edition (the old Corgi Science Fiction Library), unread and very nice.  50p.

The First Aid Manual (9th Edn) - An as-new copy by Dorling Kindersley.  It'll sit next to First Aid for Dogs and hopefully be used less.  75p.

A Brief History of the Royal Air Force - Apparently distributed to every serving member of the RAF and reserves in 2004.  £1.00.

Leonard Mosley, Faces From The Fire: The biography of Sir Archibald McIndoe - £1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment